I get asked this question A LOT by current and prospective clients, and I’ve seen it asked in myriad Facebook groups, often without a satisfactory definition. Here is how I explain mindset, how it changes, and how it can improve your life.
Mindset is your system of thoughts and beliefs about yourself and what you’re capable of doing. It’s also your connection to your intuition and a higher power (e.g. God, the universe/cosmos).
Your mindset is the lens through which you see and talk about yourself. It filters how you respond and react to your experiences and circumstances and can be the difference between taking action in your business and hiding under the bedsheets.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed because there isn’t enough time to do #allthethings in your business? Me too. I remember when I started using Facebook for my business in August 2016: The sheer number of groups available reminded me of sorority rush week, all clamoring to woo me for their clique. I didn’t know how I’d manage to connect with people and create content on a consistent basis, especially since I hardly posted on my personal Facebook profile.
My belief was “There isn’t enough time.” When I committed to my mindset practice, the belief I worked on was “Every challenge and obstacle in business and life has a solution.” Rewriting my belief helped me shift from overwhelm to gamemaker, and I found the value in using Facebook’s platform to grow my business. Now it’s a vital part of my marketing, in addition to connecting me with my peers. I would have missed out on these lucrative gifts if not for a shift in mindset. Let’s take a look at how mindset is pivotal to your business’s success:
- You’re less likely to be distracted when your mindset is in line with your goals.
- You make effective decisions based on what works best for you and your business.
- Instead of falling prey to scare tactics, you make investments that you truly want and will use.
- All the feels that happen as you’re building your business — like anxiety, worry, or fear — don’t stop you from taking action.
- You hear and trust your intuition. Open your mind to all those inspired ideas!
- You stay in the ebb and flow of working and taking time off without the pressure of guilt.
- The business of your dreams is in reach because you become the person you needed to be.
Get the Sensuality Daily Map to get out of your head, so you can multiply your impact and income in your business. Put your email in the form below and get your free PDF!